Hey Modelers! Do you need help with your Modeling Techniques? Find a topic below and click the link. You’ll find many Techniques like airbrushing and weather, dry brushing and decaling. Take a look and learn something new or leave your own Modeling Techniques and help someone else learn something new.
Plastic Modeling Techniques and Tips
- Colour variation using oil paints
- Oil filters & point wash
- Two-tone chipping
- Paint chipping with a sponge
- Paintbrush chipping
- Hairspray chipping technique
- Car modeling – Airbrushing the primer coat
- Masking canopies
- Gluing scale models – Part 1
- Gluing scale models – Part 2
- Scribing circles onto a curved surface
- Filing seams and gaps with superglue and baking powder
- Spraying gloss paint from a spray can
- How to remove decal edges
- Preparing a model for gloss paint
- How to make snow for a diorama
- How to carbon fiber decal a model
- Before you start tip
- Painting Techniques - Dry brushing the cockpit
- Painting Techniques – Paint chipping effect
- Painting Techniques – Painting the canopy for a realistic glass look
- Painting Techniques – Painting the panel lines
- Decals – How to get decals to look like part of the paint
- Building Model Airplanes – How to create radio antenna wires
- Building Model Airplanes – Filling seems and sanding
Thank you to my friends at SprueCutters.com and ModelAces.com for the above Modeling Techniques.
SpueCutters.com is a website about building scale models as a hobby. You’ll find a lot of great model photos and articles as well as some good model building techniques and model reviews.
ModelAces.com is a website all about building highly detailed and historically accurate plastic scale model airplane replicas. There are many awesome model airplane photos and building techniques and some great links to browse.
Click on the links and check out my friends sites dedicated to model building.